For my first recipe, I’ve decided to share a little something sweet with you. These cookies/muffins are so delicious and are great for lunches and snacks. They even make a very fun dinner party dessert when served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. I have included a vegan-option for those of you who are either allergic or choose not to eat dairy. Here we go …
Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins
- 1/2 cup softened butter (extra-virgin coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar cane
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg (3 tbsp ground chia seeds mixed with 5 tbsp of water, let sit for five minutes)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Flaked coconut to garnish
Preheat oven at 350 degrees F. Mix the butter (oil), egg (chia mixture), sugars and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Sift in the flour and baking soda, add the salt and stir it up! (If mixture is dry, add a few tablespoons of water or coconut milk). Add chocolate chips and mix well. Place muffin papers into your tin or grease the pan with oil. Grab desired amount of dough in your hands (roughly a golf ball size), roll into a ball and gently press into the tin. Sprinkle some coconut flakes on top.
Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Yields about a dozen. Enjoy!