I attempted my very first curry dish last night, and was not disappointed one little bit. This dish turned out so fresh, so delicious and also so very nutritious. Hopefully some of you will give it a try, and let me know how it goes. 🙂 – Colleen
Coconut Cauliflower Curry (Vegan)
- 2 cups cauliflower (chopped)
- 1 handful of bok Choy
- 1 handful of snow peas
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 2 inch piece of ginger root (peeled and grated)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water + 1/3 vegetable stock cube
- 1 can white beans (rinsed)
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- 1 medium sweet potato (peeled, chopped and boiled)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- Curry spice blend (coriander, turmeric, fenugreek, cumin, cardamom, pepper, chilli, cinnamon, mustard seed, clove, nutmeg, bay, salt etc.)
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
Bring two pots of water to boil for your rice and sweet potato. In a large frying pan, melt the oil then add the chopped onion, garlic and cauliflower. Cook at medium heat for 6-8 minutes. Add the water and stock, until dissolved. Toss in the rest of the veggies, minus sweet potato, and let simmer for a few minutes. Add the coconut milk, beans, ginger and spices. Cut the lime in half, squeeze juice into the mixture then toss in the rinds (do not eat, just for flavour). Drain the sweet potato and add to the mix. Let, simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve hot with rice.
Yields about 4 servings.