I love to make my own muesli to top off my yogurt or smoothie bowl in the morning. Feel free to substitute any of the ingredients to make this recipe more to your liking. That is one of the best things about muesli; so many possibilities.
- 4 cups granola (rolled oats, steel cut oats, quinoa, etc.)
- 1 cup mixed seeds & flaked coconut (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, shredded coconut, etc.)
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 6 tbsp sirop d’érable (preferably local; the real stuff)
- 1/2 cup organic apple juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
Preheat oven at 350 degrees F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, syrup, juice and vanilla. Stir in the rest of the ingredients until completely coated. Spread onto the baking sheet and bake for approximately 25 minutes (until golden brown), stirring every 6-8 minutes.
Let cool completely before placing into container. To finish it off, toss in some of your favourite types of dried fruits 🙂 Enjoy!
Store in an air tight container (like a mason jar) for up to 3 months!