Another great meal that has been getting me through my end of semester blues. This recipe is so so good and such a nutritious breakfast. Enjoy 🙂
- 1/4 cup quinoa + 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup rolled oats + 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup sirop d’érable (preferably from Quebec 😉 )
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt (chocolate or vanilla, both are delicious)
- Handful of fresh berries of your choice and/or dried fruit
- Handful of mixed seeds or homemade muesli*
Bring 1/2 cup of water to boil, add the quinoa and cook at medium-heat for about 8 minutes. When the quinoa is cooked, add 1 1/2 cups water to the pot and throw in the rolled oats. Cook for another 6 minutes, stirring often. Mix in the maple syrup and cinnamon. Serve in a bowl topped with yogurt, berries, seeds and/or muesli.
Yields two servings.
*See recipe here