These cookies are soft and scrumptious, enjoy 🙂
Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut sugar (brown sugar works too)
- 4 cups large flake oats (gluten-free)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (dairy-free)
Preheat oven at 325 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. In a large bowl mix the shortening, sugar, banana and vanilla. Blend two cups of the oats in a small blender until it forms a flour. Add the flour and the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and stir it up. 😉 Put the mix in the fridge for about 20 minutes. Spoon the dough onto the pan by the tablespoon and bake for approximately 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Yields about two dozen cookies.