This dish tasted so fresh, how very appropriate for the spring season. Enjoy 🙂
- 1 large yellow onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh fiddleheads (washed)
- 1/2 can herbed diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 3 leaves fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 medium zucchini (spiralized)
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti noodles
- Salt and Pepper (To taste)
In a medium frying pan cook the oil, onions and garlic on medium heat for about 15 minutes (season with salt and pepper). Meanwhile, start boiling the water for your spaghetti noodles. As soon as the onions are crispy add the fiddleheads and toss them around until they become bright green. Afterwards, add the diced tomatoes and nutritional yeast to the mix. Stir until mixture is warm. Add the zucchini noodles to the regular pasta then strain.
Serve noodles right away with fiddlehead sauce topped with a little fresh basil.
Yields three servings.