Roasted Acorn Squash Samosas
- 1 medium acorn squash (washed, seeded and cut into half moons)
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme & rosemary (each)
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp curry spice blend (coriander, turmeric, fenugreek, cumin, cardamom, pepper, chilli, cinnamon, mustard seed, clove, nutmeg, bay, salt etc.)
- 1 small green onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (diced)
- 12 long strips of Phyllo (Filo) pastry (gluten-free if possible)
- Salt & Pepper
Preheat your oven at 350 degrees C, prepare the squash and lay on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Chop up your herbs with scissors or in a mortar and pestle, mix with 3 tbsp of oil. Brush oil and herbs on the squash pieces and roast for 30 minutes, make sure to flip them over half way!
Meanwhile, take your phyllo out of the freezer to defrost.
Once the squash is roasted, take out and let cool (until you’re able to pick them up with your bare hands.) Separate the squash from its peel and toss in a bowl. Mash it, then add one tbsp of oil, the nutritional yeast, the curry spice blend, onion and garlic.
Brush each strip of phyllo with the last of the oil before adding the stuffing. Fold the samosas in phyllo triangles.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Flip them once or twice.
Yields a dozen small samosas, perfect for parties!