This mac’n’cheese recipe was really delicious, I hope you like it too.
- 2 cups butternut squash (peeled and roasted)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp dried herbs (thyme, summer savoury, basil)
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups dried fusilli pasta
Preheat oven at 385 degrees F, meanwhile prepare the squash for roasting. In a small bowl mix the squash, oil and dried herbs. Roast the squash on a baking sheet with parchment paper for 30 minutes. When there is 10 minutes left, start cooking the noodles.
Toss the roasted squash, vegetable stock, nutritional yeast and lemon juice in the blender. Blend until smooth, add salt and pepper to taste. Mix in with noodles and feast.
Top with fresh basil for some extra flavour.
Yields 4 servings.